Saturday, October 27, 2007
the BALTIMORE colts
Don’t get me wrong I love the Baltimore Ravens. Since I was six years old I have loved the team and wouldn't know what to do with out them. But to be honest I should be rooting for the Baltimore Colts. On March 28, 1984 Robert Irsay, who no one in the city of Baltimore talks about or even refers to anymore, moved the Colts to Indianapolis. My dad and mom who used to have season tickets to the Colt games still won't talk about that night because HE ripped the team right out from under them. Irsay claims that Baltimore wouldn't build him a new stadium so that’s why he moved. He also said he had no intention of moving the team but he is such a liar and bad person that no one believes him. But Memorial Stadium still had some years left so they really didn't need a new one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Irsay). Every time the Colts play the Ravens, all of the older generation’s of people talk about the move and home much they hate them. The Worse part about it is that in the NFL Hall of Fame all of the Baltimore Colts records are under the Indianapolis name. How horrible is that. Johnny U didn't play for the Indianapolis Colts. Lenny Moore didn't play for the Indianapolis Colts. Art Donavon didn't play for the Indianapolis Colts. So why should all of the Baltimore Colts records and history be under the Indianapolis Colts? If Irsay was going to move the team at least let us keep the blue and white. That's not fair that they get the team and colors. But you know what, the Ravens have a Classy Organization and would never do that. The Irsay family should learn from that because they are a terrible family and I hope nothing ever goes right for them ever again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alright being a Indianapolis Colts fan i would agree with you that he really didn't have the right to move the colts because they didn't need to be moved. I also agree with you that they shouldn't have changed the hall of famers from Baltimore to Indianapolis because that is just totally wrong. But i don't think that you should say that nothing good should happen to the colts I mean come on that's a little harsh. And I also think this is all coming out because the colts recently beat the ravens on their way to a super bowl victory and you are just a little bitter.
RIGHT ON!!!
Post a Comment