Friday, November 9, 2007
Sports in the World
For my final post I wanted to talk about the impact sports has on not only on me but on the entire world. Without sports this world would not be able to run. Personally i believe that sports is way to get away from things. With war and all of the troubles around the world sports is such a great thing to have to relax yourself and get a great bit of entertainment. For example when there are big sporting events on TV you always see pictures of soldiers in Iraq holding up signs of there favorite team. For them this is the only way to get away from all the fighting that is going on. On the flip side the citizens in Iraq get a break for half of a day to watch their country play soccer. For one day they get peace. Another reason why sports is so great and has made a huge impact are the great events that bring our countries together. The Olympics and the World Cup are such great events that go on every four years. For the Olympics people get to see the unorthodox sports that people train for and get to root for their country. Even if there is war and no peace around the world during these times, its like peace just for these 2 weeks. People love to be patriotic and brag about there country. Now the World Cup is a totally different story. Soccer is said to be the greatest sport in the world. It has such a big impact on the world that it is the best event that the world has. People cry after their country gets eliminated, and have riots if they win the Cup. But personally I just love sports. Sunday has turned into a holiday in America and I am a huge Ravens fan. They have impacted me so much. Every here knows me as the Ravens fan and the guy from Baltimore. I am a huge Orioles fan and Ravens fan and I wouldn't know what to do without sports. See for me sports in my life. Thats what I want to do with my life it has had such a great impact on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brian, I like this post as a closure to your blogging. I too do not know what I would do without sports. Despite the stress and intensity it causes when watching, it is also an escape from the stress which everyday life causes. My dad always used to encourage me to expand my horizons and invest an interest in a second topic, but that never suited me. There is nothing more gripping and captivating than the passion and intensity which you find in sports at any level. Sports are so real, yet surreal at times. I really love sports and don’t know what I’d do without it. I have not missed a sports page since I was 4 when I used to look at the pictures. I hope the passion for sports inside me never dies, as it is the greatest thing I know and one of my most true loves in the whole world.
I think this is a great idea and also agree with you and taylor that I don't have any idea what i would do without sports. It definitely does relieve stress when watching it because it helps us forget about everything and allows us to cheer for our favorite teams and players. There is definitely nothing better than seeing your team when the championship. It just makes you become so exited and makes you have some memorable moments.
Post a Comment