Friday, October 12, 2007
Kobe the Cry Baby
I mean come on. I understand that you are the best player in the game. Yea we all know that you can score at well and that you even play defense which none of your peers like to do. But to say that you demand a trade and that you can do whatever you want doesn't work. Kobe Bryant for the past 6 months has been off and on about if he wants a trade or not (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927). I don't get it because he got exactly what he wanted. The Lakers traded Shaq and let Kobe be Kobe and try and taking them to the promise land. He hasn't even been close in carrying his team and Shaq already has a ring without him. I think he is acting like a baby and being unfair to his teammates and the organization. When you are the superstar and you want to try to build a team around you, you don’t go complaining to the whole world. If I was his teammate I would be really mad. I know that the guys always say it’s not a distraction but it has to be, when your best player wants to get traded. And above all he has no right in doing that. It doesn't matter if he has a problem with the front office. He should have to suck it up and deal with it. And the best thing is that the organization might trade him because he is such a bad teammate (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3058329). In the end Kobe is a sore loser and a bad teammate. He has no right it telling people what to do and how to handle his ego.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with you completely, Brian. Kobe Bryant has long been a pampered athlete who expects to get his way. When he was willing to work with Shaq, it was noticeable that they were a force to be reckoned with in the NBA. But once Shaq left and Kobe was the figurative “franchise,” things began to whirl out of control. I think he should take a step back and realize that he is not as important as he may think he is. When a player takes on that type of mentality, there will never be championships won. This goes back to the old saying that “there’s no I in team.” Kobe’s attitude and demeanor points out exactly what this saying means. He needs to reassess his impact on his team and his franchise and then he will hopefully get his priorities straight again.
I agree with both of you. Kobe needs to realize that there are 5 guys on the floor and that he needs those other guys to be able to win. Brian, i agree with your point that Bryant has become a distraction to his team. No one wants to play with a guy who publicly announces that he doesnt want to play with them. I think the Lakers made a mistake in the first place trading Shaq so Kobe could be "the guy." As soon as they gave in to Kobe and traded Shaq away Kobe made it very clear that he should be "the guy" and we have had to hear about it ever since. What he needs to do is shut up and be a team player for once.
I agree with you all. Kobe is becoming the Terrell Owens of basketball and the Manny Ramirez of baseball. He's whining to the media like TO and he's demanding a trade like Manny. He's needs to shutup, take a step back and realize that he needs to work with, not against, his teammates. He's already tasted success with Shaq and he's craving more, but he's going at it all wrong. He should be working with Andrew Bynum, making him better, not dissing him and telling the media he should be traded. Maybe Kobe will have one of his mood changes and do a 180 on his attitude. If not I'd just like to apologize to all Lakers Fans for Kobe.
I think if Kobe wants to get traded thats fine, just make up your mind already. He reminds me of a 3 year old who cant decide what flavor of ice cream they want. I think the lakers need to trade him. For the lakers, Kobe has won the scoring title plenty of times but is missing the most prescious ring that all NBA players desire. From my opinion it would be wise for the lakers to invest in some other players who arnt as much as a distraction. Good post Brian.
Post a Comment